he foundation of this hospital was laid by late Dr Bharat Prasad Kashyap. He was born on 15.1.30. He did his matriculation from Bakshi H. E. School, Husainabad. In first division in 1948. Did his I.Sc. In first division in 1950 from Science College, Patna. Completed his MBBS from Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital in 1955 with honours in Physiology, Eye and ENT. Did his Master of Surgery (eye) from DMCH, Bihar in 1958. Did his D.L.O in 1962 from PMCH, Patna. He was appointed as civil assistant surgeon in 1956. He served in Kuchaikot in 1956. He was appointed tutor in anatomy in DMCH from 26th Jan 1958 to Jan 1959. He was state officer trachoma control pilot project in Bihar and Aligarh in Jan 59 to June 1960. He was in state dispensary, Chakradharpur as Medical Officer from June 1960 to April 1961. He was resident officer in the department of ophthalmology in PMCH from April 1961 to June, 1952. Promoted to Assistant Prof. In R.M.C.H. From June 1962 to August 1965 ophthalmologists do not suffer. He never hesitated in referring the cases to those junior ophthalmologists if some cases came from those localities. He talked very high about the ophthalmologists if the operated cases by them visited Dr. Bharat Prasad Kashyap. He became Associate Prof. In RMCH from 1965 to 1975. He became Prof. And head of the department from 15 Aug 1975 onwards. He left for the heavenly abode on 7th Dec. 1986.
He was still serving in rmch. He had a wide and broad vision. He conducted blind. Relief camp wherever posted. He happened to be in the top slot for many new procedures that were adopted by the ophthalmologists of India. He was among the first few to start 10/0 nylon stitches. He was among the first few to start the intra ocular lens during cataract surgery. He was first to start keratoplasty, popularly known as “corneal grafting” in this region on 1st January 1979. He was among the first to secure the eyes of people at “Blind Relief Camp" by putting stitches at the cost of time. He was among the inventors for the cataract operation combined with glaucoma. He had the vision to keep records of the patients since 1966. He was excellent teacher and exemplary father and husband. His friends still miss his company. His taught so well that his class notes still circulates among the students. He upgraded the department of ophthalmology of rims, the then rmch. He also took the charge of facilities. In the year 1977 he constructed his own building. He was so convinced about the arrangements of upper residence and ground floor as hospital, that he made the same arrangements here. He was quite updated and made his hospital a modern one according to the believes and the facilities available those days. By 1979 ophthalmologists from all over the world were turning “microscopic surgeon”. He also adopted to the situation and became the ophthalmologist operating through the microscope. If he has the maximum number of free cataract surgeries in blind relief camps to his credit, he also standardized the rates of cataract surgery in this region. It was a great relief to the fellow ophthalmologists. He always believed to involve the local junior ophthalmologists in blind relief camps so that the local ophthalmologist do not suffer. He never hesitated in referring cases to those junior ophthalmologist if some cases came from those localities
Be the best place for care and work by providing best patient care, application of latest technology, equipments, trained staff, promoting eye donation, eye banking, education and teaching of paramedics, and up-gradation of Ophthalmologist, safe environment, and preventive care.
LET US ERADICATE BLINDNESS.